Thursday, August 11, 2005

BREAKING NEWS: Sali files for 1st CD bid

SPUD NOTES: Breaking news -- Sali to run for 1st CD. Below is Sali's news release.

Here is a photo of the Sali family.


MEDIA ADVISORY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Rep. Bill Sali at 922-5377

Sali files for 1st CD bid

(KUNA) -- State Representative Bill Sali (R-Dist. 21) today confirmed that he has filed a Statement of Candidacy with the Federal Election Commission for Idaho’s First Congressional District.

When asked about the filing Sali said, “An ever-growing number of my colleagues and friends have encouraged me to enter the race. People want the opportunity to vote for a proven fiscal and social conservative.”

Sali stated, “I voted against the penny increase in sales tax two years ago. I am the only candidate in this race that can say that. Fifteen years ago I pledged I would never vote for higher taxes and I have faithfully kept my word. I will do the same in Congress”

He added, “I want to preserve, protect and restore the God-given liberties that were accepted by our forefathers as essential to human dignity. It is time to end the tyranny of activist judges, out-of-control bureaucrats, unprotected borders, erosion of property rights and a tax and spend system of government.”

Sali added, “My 15-year voting record proves that I will consistently support the Idaho Republican Platform and its timeless principles. The Platform represents the values of individual citizens from across our state.”

Sali said he looks forward to a spirited primary campaign and a successful general election.
###

No comments: